Monday, August 27, 2007

First Post

The basics: I'm thrity-two years old. My name is zander.

I live with my partner Jill, we share the upper-half of a duplex in Milwaukee.

My main running companion is a dog named Bill. Bill the Dog is the pet of my downstairs neighbor. Steve, is the human's name.

I'm a pretty good runner, though I haven't run much in the last eight or nine months. Previoulsy I have run:

Half-Marathons:
'04 Madison, Madison, WI, 1:48
'06 Paavo Nurmi Marathon, Hurley, WI, 1:39

Marathons:
'04 Paavo Nurmi, 3:52
'04 Lakefront Marathon, Milwaukee, WI, 3:59
'06 Lakefront Marathon, 4:42

Paavo is a beautiful run through Norhtern Wisconsin. Hurley is about sixty miles east of Duluth, MN, home to the very popular Grandma's Marathon. As the title suggests I intend to run Paavo 2008 in under three hours. But things may change, maybe a sub-1:30 half.

I also intend for this blog to, follow my efforts in pursuing a new career (the title 'Underwater Welder' recently popped into my head), show my appreciation for Cormac McCarthy and the music of the '60's and '70's and to be a home for an occasional rumination on water or God or politics.

Today I ran with Bill the Dog for about three miles, and have probably run about thirty miles in the last ten days or so. I'm easing back into a more serious and intense running schedule.

Thanks for finding me. I intend to create some kind of graph for to better log my running efforts. Definitly, add some pictures and stuff.

-

2 Comments:

At September 9, 2007 at 4:31 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I hope you keep your Blog up. It's good to know someone else is aiming for the Paavo. After letting go of marathoning, the allure is pulling me back. I'm aimimg for a half-marathon in March O8 in Cary, IL; the Paavo has been on my mind for many years, but right now it's a mere glimmer of hope.

 
At September 29, 2007 at 9:36 PM , Blogger Katie Johnson said...

I'd love to include your picture and marathon stats on my blog--“This Is What A Marathon Runner Looks Like”, along with a link to your blog, if you're willing. You can take a look and see if you'd like to be included in the Marathoner's pics--the info I’d need is in the header.

http://thisiswhatamarathonrunnerlookslike.blogspot.com/

Katie from Seattle

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home