Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Tae Kwon Do

Last night Jill and I started Tae Kwon Do lessons. I felt comfortable with the kicks, except I was moving too fast, I could have spent some more time working on the technique and form. Mostly I am comfortable with the discipline, if you train the body physically it is easy to adjust to new physical demands. One thing that I will take from this course is a good stretching routine, I never stretch now, and I hope that stretching will benefit me (there seems to be conflicting opinion on the subject).

The studio just opened, and they don't seem to have amany clients yet. Last night, it was just Jill and I being taught by the owner of the studio and the lead teacher. The one-on-one was nice.

I had a good run today, probably five miles, I'm not sure of the time. I'm not paying attention to time or distance yet, just getting out there, finding a rhythm.

I start a welding class in one week, and this weekend I'm going skin diving in a small, clean lake in Northern, WI. I have never done either of these activities before. I hope that they will be the first steps in an underwater welding career.

Dare to Dream,

Zander

1 Comments:

At September 3, 2007 at 8:33 PM , Blogger Amy@RunnersLounge said...

My son has done TWD for years and really feels it helps with strength and balance. Good luck on your runs!
Amy
http://blog.runnerslounge.com

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home